A female aged
50 years presented with profuse, clotted bleeding since two years,
periods were regular 4/30 day cycle. Bleeding dark with large
clots, painful and protracted flow for 8 days since 6 months
Pain lower abdomen, cramping, before & during menses
Pain left breast, drawing, <before menses since 6 months, >
• Measles at age of 6 years.
• 2 normal deliveries. PS done.
• No H/o. of abortion or contraceptive use.
• Father- Diabetes with Hypertension & died of uremia
15 years back.
• Mother- Alive, diabetic, and hysterectomy done for fibroid
• Sisters – 2- healthy ; Brother – 1- Diabetic
• Appetite – normal.
• Thirst, Stool, Urine – Normal.
• Sleep – refreshing.
• Desires – salt++, fanta++, sour food
• Aversion – milk++
• Perspiration – profuse on least exertion
• She cannot tolerate contradiction. She gets angry when
• She suppresses her anger by keeping quiet and rarely let
out by shouting.
• Broods over the problems and doesn’t share. Desire
• Suppressed sexual feelings. – Husband is working
in foreign country and visits her once in 3 years.
The Ultra sonogram reveals
Bulky Uterus with thickened endometroium
Small Hypoechoeic areas in the Myometrium due to Adenomyosis (Refer
Evaluation of symptoms
Company desire for
Contradiction intolerant of
Suppressed sexual feeling
Desire sour drinks, food, salt
Menses protracted, dark, clotted, painful
Perspiration profuse on least exertion
Pain lt.mammae, drawing, and <menses before>after
On repertorisation, the drugs which came out were
Conium, Sepia and Phosphorus.
I selected Conium basing on mental generals and particulars.
LMP – 16/06/08.
Conium 0/1 –BD for
Follow up 1
LMP – 12/07/08. Bleeding reduced on 2nd day.
No pain in breast before and during menses.
Con.0/1- BD for 1
Follow up 2
Menses on 8/8/08, 5/09/08.
Flow reduced to 5 days. No pain in breast.
Con.0/1 – OD for 1
Follow up 3
Feeling better. Menses on 5/10/08.
Normal flow for 5 days. No other complaints
USG reveals normal study (Refer Plate After)
SL for 1 month.