A female aged
2 years was brought by her parents with complaints of severe cough
with breathing difficulty with high fever since 8 days. Child
had vomiting as soon as taking food and drinks.
mainly during midnight 10 to 11pm to 2am, child afraid to lying
down at night due cough with suffocation. Expectoration scanty
with thick white and chest catarrh . Cough better while sitting
and taking warm drinks.
suffering from frequent cold, cough, fever since birth; past six
month complaints increased on and off for which allopathic treatment
significant in family history.
admitted in kanchipuram government hospital on 8-4-11 for fever,
cough, wheezing, and vomiting. As there is no improvement, doctor
advised her to admit in egmore children hospital.
• Appetite – Reduced
• Thirst – Increased, frequent interval.
• Urine- Regular
• Stool- Hard, difficult to pass with offensive odour, Passes
stool once in 2-3 days
•Sleep –disturbed < cough
Cvs – S1S2 heard
RS – b/L wheeze
Analysis of Symptoms
• Cough <midnight, 11pm to 2am,
lying down, cold food,
• Better by sitting, taking warm drinks,
• Thirst- increased, Short interval,
• Tendency to catch cold easily
• Stool : Hard, difficult to pass with offensive odour,
Passes stool once in 2-3 days
• high fever with frequent episodes of vomiting
• Sleep –Disturbed <cough with suffocation
Diagnosis of Disease
1. Ars Alb 200
2. Aralia racemosa Q -5 drops
in ¼ glass of water. Both Every 4th hourly.
Advised chest x ray
Ars alb and aralia
racemosa Q selected based on the symptom similarity. Tuberculinum
gave inter current dose in apyretic stage. Tuerculinum best effective
in strepto, staphylo and pneumococcal infection. Patient was recovered
completely with similimum and the support of intercurrent.