Father Muller Charitable Institutions is a registered
society had a humble beginning, founded by Rev Fr
Augustus Muller SJ. He is a Jesuit missionary from
Germany. He started dispensing Homoeopathic medicines
under a banyan tree. He later started a simple dispensary
in 1880. Father Muller Charitable Institutions soon
evolved into a main health care provider of the
region with the setting up of a full-fledged allopathic
hospital. The decision to start Homoeopathic Medical
College was taken in 1980 to commemorate the centenary
The first batch of BHMS course started in July 1985
under Mangalore University. The institution is now
affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health
Sciences, Karnataka Bangalore and is recognized
by the Central Council of Homoeopathy, New Delhi.
The institution has started post graduate courses
in 1998. The college now conducts the postgraduate
courses in 7 disciplines.
The College acquired its new strength with an art
building in 2006 at Deralakatte. The Preclinical
and Para clinical departments of the college posses
the high facilities and are appreciated well by
the visitors. The Outpatient department is attended
daily by hundreds of patients.
a quarterly bulletin is sponsored by the alumni
association. The college also has the distinction
of conducting annual Homoeopathic Conferences of
National level every year.
Dr. K. A. Joseph,
Former Professor, Government Homoeopathy Medical
College, Chennai, Dr. S.K.Tiwari, Director, National
Institute of homoeopathy, Kolkata served as principals
to this college and Principal Dr. Srinath Rao endorses
the excellence in education and treatment.
Father Muller Homoeopathic Medical College
Deralakatte, Mangalore - 574 160
Phone: 0824-2203901/ 2203902