Homoeotimes , journal on Clinical evidence published by AKP Homoeopathy Clinical Research Center in association with Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy organized a Vitiligo Workshop at Hotel Deccan Plaza on 25th June 2017, commemorating the World Vitiligo day . The AKP Homoeopathic Clinical Research center and Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy collaborated this event . The workshop has been organized exclusively to bring the efficacy of Homoeopathy in Vitiligo treatment by the Homoeopathy experts. 62 experts from all over India participated in the workshop
The event begun with prayer .Dr.A.S. Manikavel, inaugurated the event by lighting traditional lamp ,accompanying Dr.Kolli Raju Officer I/s CCRH. CRU ,Chennai ,Dr.Vasudevan, Dr.P.V.Venkataraman, Dr.M.Ravindran, and Dr.Mathew Jo. Dr.A.S.Manikavel Garlaned the Hahnemann’s bust . Dr.R.Gnannasambandam, editor, Homoeo Times , welcomed all and introduced all to the forum.
The first session of the Workshop reviewed the Vitiligo literature by the presentations by experts in the field. The topic was explored by Dr.Monalisa John ,Rea der,Venkateswara Homoeopathy Medical College explored the topic “Clinical pathogenis of Vitiligo” ; Prof. Dr. Nagendra Babu , Sri Sairam Homoeopathy Medical College detailed the applicability of Homoeopathic perspectives on the topic “ Applied organon in Vitiligo treatment” Prof.Dr.Britto Wilbert Dass, Vice Principal, Venkateswara Homoeopathy Medical College, illustrated the Vitiligo therapeutics and the topic Diet and Ancillary mode of treatment was shared by Dr. P. Sunitha,Lecturer, Sri Sairam Homoeopathy Medical College Chennai. Dr S.Navaneetha Krishnan, Dr. Dr Raj Sanghavi explained the “Updates in Modern Medicine in Vitiligo treatment”
The session on evidence based studies in Vitiligo treatment was shared by senior clinicians. Prof Dr.Ak.Gupta, New Delhi;Prof.Dr.Shreepad Hegde, Bangalore ;Dr R Gnanasambandam Chennai;Dr.P. Mukundan Salem;Dr.Peter Martin, Chennai Dr.R.D.Pavalan , Madurai and.K.S.Anandhi ,Erode. The speakers illustrareted with audio visual presentations on Vitiligo cures evidence based studies
The Research update session followed by the presentations Scientists representing the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy endorsed their special projects on Vitiligo with evidence based studies .Dr. Lipipushpa, Research officer cum Scientist 2 HDRI, Lucknow detailed the Research Updates on Vitiligo by CCRH.Dr R . Bhuvaneswari, Research officer cum Scientist -1 National Homoeopathy Research Institute In Mental Health, Kottayam, Kerala illustrated the Observational Study to Evaluate Response to Homoeopathic treatment In Vitiligo , Dr.Kolli Raju , Research officer cum Scientist 4 Central Research Unit for Homoeopathy ,Chennai narrated the Vitiligo projects carried out in Chennai unit
The Clinical session with experts illustrated the cured cases, progressive and non progressive cases in vitiligo treatment . The session was shared by the presentations of the clinicians Dr.Anitha Ashwini,Chennai ;Dr D Durai Raj,Tirunelveli;Dr. Rekha Srinivasan,Chennai; Dr. A.R. Tagore,Chennai,Dr.Agnes Joy,Dr.K.S.Senthil Kumaran,Prof.GHMC,Tirumangalam ;Dr. Andrew leo,Assitant Medical Officer, Chennai; Dr R.Samaran,Associate Professor,MHMC,Coimbatore DrS..Alwin babu,Chennai; Dr.S.Senthil Mohan,Erode, Dr.Victor Dass ,Erode;Dr. Sasikumar ,Erode; Dr R,.Mugilan.Kumbakonam;Dr. M.Balaji Venkataramanan ,Vellore; Dr .A.Felix Clifford,Tuticorin,Dr. Sherin James ,Chennai;Dr. T. Arumugam, Chennai and Dr. M.Thamarai Kannan,Vellore
Finally the Panel discussion held to outline the perspectives of Homoeopathy in Vitiligo treatment. Dr.R.Gnanambandam, editor, Homoeo Times Chaired the session,Dr.P.V.Venkataraman, Dr.Sandhya , Dr.Bibin Verghese , Dr.Smitha,Dr.Kushali Gambhir participated alon with panelists . The following resolutions and recommendations were drawn for attention of Scientific community , Government and public
- Homoeopathy proves that most of the vitiligo cases (70%) can be treated effectively. The presentations proved both localized and generalized types respond to Homoeopathic remedies more effectively. The facts prove that the Vitiligo responds to oral Homoeopathic medication and do not need any external application .
- Vitiligo is long termed illness, requires patience in treatment , Hence the most dynamised Homoeopathic medicines preferable without any side effects . The Homoeopathic Medicines are cost effective which is affordable to everyone .
- Workshop discussed various triggering factors in Vitiligo like Chemical indulgence such as use of more fertilizers , pesticides ,synthetics, cosmetics,fast food , processed food and life style and digestive tract infestations such as worms and Amoebiasis
- The Workshop congratulates the Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy for holding exclusive research projects in Vitiligo proving the efficacy of Homoeopathy most promtly. Hence the work shop recommends Central and State Government to create exclusive Vitiligo Clinics. Also recommends the Department of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy, Government of Tamil Nadu and the Ministry of AYUSH Government of India to start special out Patient departments and Research Centers.
- The workshop recommends Collective effort to drive extensive global Vitiligo Awareness Programs.
- Efficacy of Homoeopathic medicine in vitiligo as ascertained by 58 experts endorsed 70 % success rate.
- The following Homoeopathic Medicines has been mostly found effective are Arsenicum Album, Acid Nit, Sulphur, Phosphorus, Natrum Mur, Silicia Etc...
- Difficult cases in Vitiligo with poor response can be studied with a committee of expert panel of minimum 5 Homoeopathic Experts.
Dr.P. Mukundan Co ordinate this work shop, Dr.Monalisa John moderated and technical assistance was provided by Dr.N.Karthiga . Sel, A.Krithiga anchored the entire event